Translate

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Review: The Maze Runner


Summary: If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

Everything is going to change.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Remember. Survive. Run.
 

Review: I have to be honest with you guys, it took me months to read this book and the only reason I finally finished it was 1: the release of the movie and 2: I read it for a school project.  The beginning of this book is so incredibly slow I couldn't even get past the first 30 pages.  I had so many friends telling me that it was amazing and that I just had to read it and that once I got past the slow start I would love it but I wasn't feeling it.  It turns out that they were right in that the ending of the book is very well written and is very good and what not but that is only that last maybe third.  Granted, I am the kind of reader that if a book doesn't immediately catch my attention, the chances of me continuing the books are very slim but I gave myself no choice with this book.  I have yet to see the movie and have heard many good things and few bad things about the movie.  I have heard that there are major differences between the book and the movie which I hate but I'll just have to put on my big girl panties and suck it up.  In the end I would say that I was fairly pleased by the end and I can definitely say that the end was very unexpected and I am midway though the second book of the series The Scorch Trials and will likely finish the series at some point in time.  I can't say that this was my favorite book by far but in the end it did surprise and it picked up in the end which is a plus.

Rating:
3/5

-Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment